Students apply for admission to the Workshop in the spring of their freshman or sophomore years. In order to instill a long-term, three year commitment in our students, we will give priority to freshmen in the application process. The application process for the 2020 cohort has completed.
Students interested in joining the workshop should attend our information sessions in the Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 semesters. These information sessions will allow prospective students to learn more about the workshop and members’ experiences in the program, with the formal recruiting process beginning in Jan./Feb. 2021. Students who are or may be interested in working in operations consulting are invited to join us for those sessions. This page will be updated with more specific information as the events near.
- Strong academic and leadership performance both in and out of Kelley.
- Outstanding critical thinking and creative problem solving abilities.
- Operations-based and globally focused mindset.
- Must be a freshman or sophomore in good standing with Indiana University. While sophomores are encouraged to apply, selection preference will be given to freshmen.
- Ideally studying Supply Chain or Operations, however all majors are welcome to apply. Non-Kelley students with a strong interest in supply chain/operations and consulting will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- May not currently be enrolled in another workshop at Kelley.
The most important aspect of a BOC member is an “operations mindset”, which is determined through two round of interviews and various interactions with our workshop members. The first round of interviews will consider the qualifications of the candidate and his or her interest alignment with the Business Operations Consulting Workshop. In the second round of interviews, the recruiting team will focus on determining the candidate’s cultural fit into the cohort and the Workshop.
Many candidates will find the questions to be unusual and thought-provoking, allowing the recruiting team to determine an individual’s critical thinking, structural logic, creativity, operations mindset, and ability to question.
Once a candidate is accepted into the Business Operations Consulting Workshop, they will be ineligible to apply for any other workshop at Kelley. We encourage students to meet with workshop members, professors, and learn more about the workshop before they choose to apply to the BOC.
The application window for this year has passed. We encourage you to direct any questions you may have about the workshop, future events, recruiting, etc. to firstname.lastname@example.org